Today we’re going to inform you the best way on how to set up a big tent or canopy effectively. So, this article will help you greatly if you go for a party or event tent setup. Here we go!
Step By Step Guide On How To Set Up A Big Tent/Canopy Easily
Either you want to put up a big canopy, frame tent, or pole tent for events, this is important for you to know how to assemble a canopy tent or other party tents. To complete the large tent pitching, you need at least three to four people. The big-size tent assembly processes are as follows.
- Ascertain all tent parts and tools are in your hand. (side poles, center poles, stakes, ratchets, etc)
- Put the stakes around 4 feet away from the perimeter grommets.
- Place 2 stakes in each corner at 90 degrees angle.
- Drive stakes vertically in the ground and keep a minimum of 6 inches exposed.
- Attach ratchet strap with each stake. (just turn the loop of the ratchet end inside out and pull strap to fasten tightly with stake)
- Unfold the tent drop cloth and place it in the desired location. (make sure the place is free from dirt, rock, and sharp elements)
- Put the tent top cloth over the drop cloth. (be sure top cloth is clean, unroll, unfold, and pull its perimeter to get the full size)
- Install the ratchet straps with the tent and attach the ratchet buckles. (pass the straps from the tent and insert them through the reel bars slot and bring the straps back towards the tent and tightly secure the straps)
- Place corner poles in each grommet and insert the pole-pins through the tent’s built-in metal O-rings and brass grommet holes. Raise corner poles upright and tighten the ratchets.
- Assemble the first center pole together, insert the pole-pin through the tent hole. Place the pole into an inclined position. Secure the pole with the jump rope. If the party tent has more than one center pole (like a pole tent) install them as well.
- After erecting the tent eliminate the drop cloth and bring the center pole/s in a vertical position.
- Tighten the loosely connected side poles straps by back and forth action of ratchets. Plus secure them with jump ropes. And roll the extra ratchet straps into the ratchet buckles.
- If you want to install sidewalls, fasten the sidewalls with the side poles.
Also Read: Pop-up canopy tent review
If you are still confused, the following video will help you understand the topic precisely.