A common question we get asked frequently is what is the best size trampoline to buy? Truly, this can’t be answered in one sentence. It depends on various factors such as trampolines durability, weight rating, backyard space, who’ll use the trampoline, etc.
There are different trampoline sizes for having exercise and fun. In the trampoline size list, you will definitely find the right one. Therefore, you have to determine the most suitable option from the abundant sizes. So, the question arises, what is the best trampoline size to buy?
Below we’ll explain the fact to clarify your worries. Reading this trampoline size 101 article, you will get the best trampoline size ideas. The article explains-
- Trampoline size guide
- Trampoline size chart
- Trampoline box size
- How do you measure a trampoline size?
- How does spring size change with trampoline size?
- Trampoline weight capacity with trampoline size?
- Cost variation of various sizes of trampoline
- Differences among some popular trampoline sizes
So, read the article and know which size of trampoline you need actually.
Why Right Size Trampoline Selection Is Necessary?
The best size trampoline choice is essential for numerous reasons. Some of the important ones are-
- Safety- Larger sizes might be dangerous for kids.
- Weight limit- Smaller size trampolines can’t hold a heavy person’s weight.
- Balancing with available space- The trampoline size must be smaller than the backyard space.
- Bouncing style- Bigger size trampolines make higher bounces.
- Cost- Smaller ones are cheaper than larger ones.
Best Trampoline Size Guide: Get All Trampoline Size Ideas!
Available Trampoline Sizes
Have you wondered, what sizes do trampolines come in? Well, trampolines are available in various sizes such as 3 ft, 3.5 ft, 4 ft, 4.5 ft, 5 ft, 5.5 ft, 6 ft, 6.5 ft, 7 ft, 7.5 ft, 8 ft, 9 ft, 10 ft, 12, ft, 14 ft, 15 ft, 16 ft, 17 ft, 18 ft, 20 ft, 23 ft, 24 ft and many more.
But all sizes aren’t available in all shapes. Some sizes are only found in a particular shape. For example, 24 ft trampoline (16×24 ft Vikan Goliath Trampoline) is available in octagonal shape only.
Standard Size Trampoline
What is a standard trampoline size? In general, the most common trampoline size ranges between 8 feet to 15 feet are considered the regular size trampoline. Any smaller or bigger trampoline is out of the normal size trampoline.
These, typical trampoline sizes are ideal for backyard and outdoor uses. Thus, you can consider them as good size trampolines for garden family fun and exercise.
Average Trampoline Size
The 12 ft trampoline size is called the average size trampoline. It is the most popular trampoline size too. But you consider some other sizes as average dimensions trampolines depending upon your backyard’s space.
If the backyard is small, then an 8 to 10 ft round model will be the ideal trampoline size for kids. For a medium backyard, the 12 ft round trampoline is the right fit for a small family.
Similarly, the 14 ft or larger size trampoline will be a great choice for a spacious backyard for gymnasts, adults, and large families. So, you have to consider the size according to your available space in the backyard.
Full, Medium & Half Size Trampoline
Full Trampoline Size
How big is a full-size trampoline? Well, this ranges between 8 to 15 foot and the average size is a 12 ft trampoline. As they are large in size thus making them suitable for outdoor uses.
Medium Size Trampoline
The round shape 8 to 10 ft trampolines are considered medium trampoline size. They are ideal for kids especially if you have small backyards.
Half Size Trampoline
When the size of a trampoline reaches below 8 ft, it is considered as half of the full trampoline. More precisely the indoor kids’ mini-trampoline or adults and seniors rebounders and some small outdoor trampolines are the half trampoline size.
Mini Size Trampolines
Mini trampolines are divided into two types- adults size rebounders and kids size mini-trampoline. These small trampoline sizes range from 3 to 5 ft. Some of the common sizes are 36, 38, 39, 40, 42, 48, 52, 55, 60 inches mini-trampolines. They are ideal for indoor uses, but you can keep them outside too.
Also Read: Are mini-trampolines good for pregnant?
Olympic Trampoline Size
The ideal Olympic size trampoline dimension is 10×17 feet. This rectangle-shaped large-size trampoline like the Galactic Xtreme model will allow gymnasts to practice versatile trampoline flips and jumps there.
Biggest Size Trampoline
At present, the 16×24 ft Goliath Trampoline by Vikan Trampoline is the largest trampoline size for sale in the world. And it is also the most expensive trampoline until now.
Age-Wise Trampoline Size Guides
Toddlers & Kids Size Trampoline
If your children aren’t grown enough and their age lies below 6 years, it is recommended to keep them out of the trampoline. However, if you allow them supervision is a must.
Also, the trampolines must be soft, well-padded, and come with a handle for balance. The best trampoline size for kids and toddlers are given below.
- 1-2 years old: 3 to 4 ft trampoline
- 3 years old: 3 to 5 ft trampoline
- 4 years old: 3 to 6 ft trampoline
- 5 years old: 6 to 8 ft trampoline
- 6-7 years old: 8 to 10 ft trampoline
- 8-9 years old: 10-14 ft trampoline
- 10-12 years old: 12 to 15 ft trampoline
Teenagers Size Trampoline
For teenage (13 to 19 years old) boys and girls, a 12 to 17 ft trampoline will be the best trampoline size. If they need a recreational one 12 or 14 ft will be the right fit. But the gymnastic youngers will prefer the 15 or 17 ft trampoline.
Related: Is sunken trampoline expensive?
Adult Size Trampoline
Adults might choose the outdoor or trampoline. Usually, adults prefer 14 ft or larger models for outdoor exercise. And their personal-size fitness trampoline rebounder for indoors varies between 3 to 5 feet.
Family Size Trampoline
Which size of the trampoline is best for family or backyard fun? This depends on how many people you’re going to have fun together. For a small family such as a father and mother with one or two little kiddos 12 to 15 ft round model will be a perfect choice.
But when candidates are adults you should go for larger models like 9×15 ft oval, 9×16 ft, 10×14 ft, or 10×17 ft for better weight carrying capacity.
Also Read: In-ground trampolines for family
Here is a good trampoline suggestion for you that comes in versatile sizes.
- ❤️【Security Certification&No-gap Design】Zupapa trampolines are tested for safety and durability to exceed all ASTM and TUV standards. The 2022 upgrade no gap design greatly reduce hazards of getting your hands or feet caught in the gaps cause the jumping mat and spring cover are tightly sewn together. Also the springs are all covered with thick and durable pad. What’s more, our new design expanded the jumping area.
- ❤️【Hot-dip Galvanizing Technology & Heavy-duty Frame】Zupapa 2022 trampolines use the latest hot-dip galvanizing technology to make the frame anti-rust, more stable and durable. And our unique two steel joints design along with W-shaped legs provide a solid base for the whole trampoline. Max weight capacity up to 425 lbs（12,14,15,16ft）& 375lbs(8,10ft). Comes with wind stakes, make the trampoline stands stably even in storm.
- ❤️【More Springs & Impressive bounce】 As we all know springs are the core of the trampoline, we have 12 more springs to offer impressive bounce.
Gymnasts Or Competition Trampoline Size
Some of the frequently used competition-size trampolines are 8×12 ft, 9×14 ft, 10×17 ft, etc. Typically gymnasts and competitive sportsmen prefer the rectangle-shaped bigger-size trampolines.
Shape-Wise Trampoline Size
Round and rectangle shapes trampolines are two widely-held trampolines. And they are available in versatile sizes. So, we’re covering some of their popular models here.
Round Trampoline Sizes
Circular trampolines are ideal for recreational jumping. Several good round-size trampolines are 8 ft, 10 ft, 12 ft, 14 ft, 15 ft, and 16 ft. The small ones are perfect for children and the plus-size trampolines are suitable for adults and older kids.
Rectangular Sizes Of Trampoline
Rectangle trampolines are great for gymnasts and trampolinists. Several standard rectangle models dimensions are 7×10 ft, 8×12 ft, 9×14 ft, 10×14 ft, 10×17 ft, 13×23 ft, etc.
Several Things Related To Trampoline Sizes
Mat Size Of Trampoline
What is the diameter of a trampoline’s mat? In general, the mat diameter is almost 1 to 1.5 ft smaller than the actual trampoline size. Here are the approximate average dimensions of several round models.
- 6 feet trampoline: 4.75 ft mat
- 8 feet trampoline: 6.75 ft mat
- 10 feet trampoline: 8.75 ft mat
- 12 feet trampoline: 10.75 ft mat
- 14 feet trampoline: 12.75 ft mat
- 15 feet trampoline: 13.75 ft mat
Trampoline Springs Size
Both springs number and springs size vary with trampoline dimension. Several mostly used springs’ size of trampolines are 3.5, 4.75, 5.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 inch, etc. Here is a list of several springs sizes for various size trampolines.
- 8 ft trampoline: 4.5 to 6 inch
- 10 ft trampoline: 5.5 to 6.5 inch
- 12 ft trampoline: 6.5 to 7.5 inch
- 14 ft trampoline: 7 to 7.5 inch
- 15 ft trampoline: 6.5 to 8.5 inch
Trampoline Weight Capacity
The weight capacity of trampolines changes with the trampoline’s size. A rule of thumb is that the bigger the trampoline size is the higher the weight capacity will be.
Below we’ve enlisted several ideal trampoline sizes with their weight capacity.
- 8 ft trampoline: 200 pounds
- 10 ft trampoline: 250 pounds
- 12 ft trampoline: 300 pounds
- 14 ft trampoline: 350 pounds
- 15 ft trampoline: 400 pounds
Trampolines maximum weight carrying capacity is also largely related to their shape. Generally, rectangle shape trampolines allow more weight than the round models.
Typically, prices of the trampolines rise with their sizes. Thus, larger trampolines are pricier than the smaller models. Average trampoline costs of dissimilar sizes of trampolines are given below.
- 3-5 foot kids trampoline: $75
- 6 foot trampoline: $150
- 8 foot trampoline: $200
- 10 foot trampoline: $250
- 12 foot trampoline: $350
- 14 foot trampoline: $400
- 15 foot trampoline: $500
- 17 foot trampoline: $600
- 3-5 foot adults rebounder: $100
But the expensive trampolines price goes around 2000 to 3000 dollars. Some small trampolines also come with hefty price tags.
Trampoline Net Height
The enclosure net of the trampoline is a very important feature for safety. Usually, net height rises with trampoline size. The average trampoline’s net height ranges from 5 feet to 10 feet.
Trampoline Frame Height
Frame height varies with trampoline size. The standard trampolines frame height ranges from 2 to 3 feet. But mini-trampolines legs height are smaller than 1 foot.
Trampoline Box Size
Trampolines arrive at our door either in the same or dissimilar sizes of package. Small trampolines come in 1 to 2 boxes, medium ones arrive in 3 boxes and the larger trampolines reach in 3 to 5 boxes.
What is the box size of a trampoline is defined by the size of the part of a specific trampoline model. The main box dimension of several trampolines is given here.
- Clevr kids 7 ft trampoline: 4.5x15x8.25 inch
- Skywalker 8 ft trampoline: 43x23x10 inch
- CalmMax 10 ft trampoline: 50x15x9 inch
- SereneLife 12 ft round trampoline: 59x23x10 inch
- JumpKing 14 ft rectangle trampoline: 58x25x9 inch
- AMGYM 15 ft trampoline: 180x180x106.8 inch
How To Measure Trampoline Size?
Trampoline size measurement is necessary when you need a replacement for any part of the trampoline. To measure the trampoline dimension, you need a tape measure. While determining, the trampoline’s length, width, and diagonal distance measure at least 3 times to each side.
Measuring Round & Square Trampolines
All sides of round trampolines are the same in length. So, measure the outer edge to the opposite edge of the frame.
Then detach at least three springs from the trampoline array. Now, subtract the spring length from the frame length. Thus, we’ll get the mat diameter of the round trampoline.
In the same way, you can also measure the square trampoline’s size.
Measuring Rectangular Trampolines
To measure the rectangle trampoline size, you have to measure the length and width of the frame. The other processes are the same as the round trampoline’s measurement.
Measuring Octagonal Trampoline
When you want to measure the octagonal trampoline size, measure the frame distance diagonally. The springs and mat measurement can be found in the same process as the round trampoline.
How To Choose A Correct Size Trampoline?
If you want to choose the right trampoline size for your kids or family, consider the following things.
- Know who will use the trampoline. Depending upon the trampoline size and age limit choose the right model from the full trampoline size chart.
- Check your available space in the garden. Then make a balance between the available space and your required size model.
Trampoline Size Comparison
Here we’ll break down the differences among several trampolines sizes that buyers ask frequently.
8 Ft Vs 10 Ft Trampoline
Is a 10 ft trampoline big enough or too small? Well, both 8 and 10-foot trampolines are the ideal choices for small backyards. Here are several points that will help you understand either 10 ft or 8 ft trampoline which is a better option for you.
- Considering suitability 10 ft trampoline wins as it allows versatile ages (5 to 16 years) kids. But the 8 ft model doesn’t hold older kids’ weight.
- An 8-foot trampoline is a convenient choice for space and cost. For a compact backyard, it fits well.
12 ft Vs 14 Ft Vs 15 Ft Trampoline
Many trampoline enthusiasts get confused about which one to choose between 12 vs 14-foot trampoline or 12 vs 15 ft trampoline? Here is the quick answer.
- The 12 ft trampoline is a wonderful trampoline size that almost everyone loves and it is big enough for small families and teenagers. Actually, it is a space-saving model over 14 and 15 ft. Besides, the price and weight limit are also ideal for small size family.
- When you look for the most accurate size trampoline for large families, gymnasts, and teenagers 15 feet model will be the best choice. Its space, bounce, safety aspects won’t disappoint you. The larger space allows you to have more trampoline tricks than the smaller 12 or 14 ft models.
- 14 ft trampoline lies between 12 and 15 ft trampolines. Thus the quality and performance of this model stand between these two’s. On overall consideration, a 14-foot trampoline will be a good pick for medium size family.
Ultimate Trampoline Size Chart For Quick Choice
We’ve made a detailed comparison list of different trampoline sizes to understand all facts related to trampoline size. We believe the size chart of versatile trampoline models will help you to determine which trampoline size will be perfect for you in a short time.
|Trampoline Size||Age Limit||Where To Use||Mat Size (ft)||Springs Size (inch)||Total Springs||Weight Limit (lbs)||Price||Best Model|
|3-5 ft for kids||1 to 3 years||Indoor/outdoor||2.5 to 4.5||3.5 to 4.75||30-35||100||$75||Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline|
|5-6 ft||4 to 5 years||Indoor/outdoor||4.75||3.5 to 5.5||36-40||150||$150||Skywalker 5 Ft Mini Trampoline|
|7-9 ft||5 to 7 years||Outdoor||6.65 to 7.7||4.5 to 6.5||40-54||200||$200||Clevr 7 Ft Kids Trampoline|
|10 ft||8 to 10 years||Outdoor||8.75||5.5 to 6.5||48- 64||250||$250||AOTOB 10 Ft Trampoline With Enclosure Net|
|12 ft||10 to 12 years, small family||Outdoor||10.75||6.5 to 7.5||72-88||300||$350||Skywalker 12 Foot Trampoline With Basketball Hoop|
|14 ft||Teenagers and family||Outdoor||12.75||7 to 7.5||72-96||350||$400||Giantex 14 Ft Outdoor Trampoline|
|15 ft||Teenagers, gymnasts, family||Outdoor||13.75||6.5 to 8.5||88-108||400||$500||Zupapa 15 Ft Trampoline|
|16 ft||Gymnasts, teenagers, family||Outdoor||14.5||7 to 7.5||96-120||450||$550||Merax 16 Ft Trampoline|
|17 ft and larger||Gymnasts, family, adults||Outdoor||15.5||7.5 to 8.5||108-140||500||$600||Upper Bounce 10×17 Ft Rectangle Trampoline|
|3-5 ft rebounder||Adults and seniors||Indoor/outdoor||3.5 to 5.5||4.75 to 5.5||30-40||300||$100||Stamina 36 Inch Folding Trampoline|
People Also Ask
Q: Does trampoline shape matter while considering trampoline size?
Answer: Yes, trampoline size and shape are closely related. Same size, but dissimilar shape trampolines might give different styles of bouncing as well as the weight limit.
For example, a 10-foot round trampoline is good for recreation and gives a center-focused bounce. But the 7×10 ft rectangle model is ideal for the gymnastic purpose and provides even bounce throughout the jumping surface.
Q: What is the trampoline park size?
Answer: The average trampoline park sizes in the USA range between 25000 to 40000 square feet. But the largest trampoline park is around 63000 square feet.
Before buying a trampoline, knowing the right size is a must. So, we’ve written the trampoline size guide and trampoline size chart article to provide in-depth information to our readers.
Hopefully, this article will be a masterpiece to clarify any confusion regarding trampoline size. Just go to the trampoline size chart above and decide which trampoline fits you well.
Don’t forget to share this helpful post with your friends and family. That’s all for today. See you soon!
Jane is a writer and co-founder of pickoutdoorgear.com. She is a fitness enthusiast and also loves outdoor activities. Through her work and writing, she focuses on improving fitness and the basics of happiness.