A common question we get asked frequently is what is the best size trampoline to buy? Truly, this can’t be answered in one sentence. It depends on various factors such as trampolines durability, weight rating, backyard space, who’ll use the trampoline, etc.
Below I’ll explain the fact to clarify your worries. If you want to choose the right size trampoline quickly the following trampoline size chart will help you a lot. So, read the article and get the ultimate trampoline size guide.
Standard and Average Size Trampoline
Trampoline is available in different shapes and sizes. From mini trampolines to large outdoor trampolines are used for dissimilar purposes.
3 to 5 ft indoor trampolines are called mini trampolines whereas 8 to 20 ft and even larger size trampolines are used in the outdoors.
8 to 15 ft size trampolines are called standard size trampolines that are widely used all over the world. On the other hand, 12 ft trampoline is called the average size trampoline.
Trampoline Size Comparison
Here we’ll break down the differences between several trampolines sizes that buyers ask frequently.
8 Ft Vs 10 Ft Trampoline
Is a 10 ft trampoline big enough or too small? Well, both 8 and 10-foot trampolines are the ideal choices for small backyards. Here are several points that will help you understand either 10 ft or 8 ft trampoline which is a better option for you.
- Considering suitability 10 ft trampoline wins as it allows versatile ages (5 to 16 years) kids. But the 8 ft model doesn’t hold older kids’ weight.
- An 8-foot trampoline is a convenient choice for space and cost. For a compact backyard, it fits well.
12 ft Vs 14 Ft Vs 15 Ft Trampoline
Many trampoline enthusiasts get confused about which one to choose between 12 vs 14-foot trampoline or 12 vs 15 ft trampoline? Here is the quick answer.
- The 12 ft trampoline is a wonderful trampoline size that almost everyone loves and it is big enough for small families and teenagers. Actually, it is a space-saving model over 14 and 15 ft. Besides, the price and weight limit are also ideal for small size family.
- When you look for the most accurate size trampoline for large families, gymnasts, and teenagers 15 feet model will be the best choice. Its space, bounce, safety aspects won’t disappoint you. The larger space allows you to have more trampoline tricks than the smaller 12 or 14 ft models.
- 14 ft trampoline lies between 12 and 15 ft trampolines. Thus the quality and performance of this model stand between these two’s. On overall consideration, a 14-foot trampoline will be a good pick for medium size family.
Related: Is Zupapa trampoline better than Skywalker
Ultimate Trampoline Size Guide and Trampoline Size Chart
We’ve made a detailed comparison list of different trampoline sizes to understand all facts related to trampoline size. I believe the size chart of versatile trampoline models will help you to determine which trampoline size will be perfect for you in a short time.
|Trampoline Size||Age Limit||Where To Use||Mat Size (ft)||Springs Size (inch)||Total Springs||Weight Limit (lbs)||Price||Best Model|
|3-5 ft for kids||1 to 3 years||Indoor/outdoor||2.5 to 4.5||3.5 to 4.75||30-35||100||$75||Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline|
|5-6 ft||4 to 5 years||Indoor/outdoor||4.75||3.5 to 5.5||36-40||150||$150||Skywalker 5 Ft Mini Trampoline|
|7-9 ft||5 to 7 years||Outdoor||6.65 to 7.7||4.5 to 6.5||40-54||200||$200||Clevr 7 Ft Kids Trampoline|
|10 ft||8 to 10 years||Outdoor||8.75||5.5 to 6.5||48- 64||250||$250||AOTOB 10 Ft Trampoline With Enclosure Net|
|12 ft||10 to 12 years, small family||Outdoor||10.75||6.5 to 7.5||72-88||300||$350||Skywalker 12 Foot Trampoline With Basketball Hoop|
|14 ft||Teenagers and family||Outdoor||12.75||7 to 7.5||72-96||350||$400||Giantex 14 Ft Outdoor Trampoline|
|15 ft||Teenagers, gymnasts, family||Outdoor||13.75||6.5 to 8.5||88-108||400||$500||Zupapa 15 Ft Trampoline|
|16 ft||Gymnasts, teenagers, family||Outdoor||14.5||7 to 7.5||96-120||450||$550||Merax 16 Ft Trampoline|
|17 ft and larger||Gymnasts, family, adults||Outdoor||15.5||7.5 to 8.5||108-140||500||$600||Upper Bounce 10×17 Ft Rectangle Trampoline|
|3-5 ft rebounder||Adults and seniors||Indoor/outdoor||3.5 to 5.5||4.75 to 5.5||30-40||300||$100||Stamina 36 Inch Folding Trampoline|
Before buying a trampoline, knowing the right size is a must. So, we’ve written the trampoline size guide and trampoline size chart article to provide in-depth information to our readers.
Hopefully, this article will be a masterpiece to clarify any confusion regarding trampoline size. Just go to the trampoline size chart above and decide which trampoline fits you well.
Don’t forget to share this helpful post with your friends and family. That’s all for today. See you soon!
Jane is a writer and co-founder of pickoutdoorgear.com. She is a fitness enthusiast and also loves outdoor activities. Through her work and writing, she focuses on improving fitness and the basics of happiness.